Portland Wills and Trusts Lawyer
Oregon Probate Attorney
When you have decided to establish a plan for the orderly distribution of your estate at death, you want an experienced lawyer to guide you through the process. A well constructed estate plan is the best gift you can give your loved ones, as it minimizes uncertainty and stress at a time of emotional loss. With all the choices available to you, you want a knowledgeable attorney to help protect your interests.
At the office of Sandra G. Stone, Attorney at Law, in Portland, Oregon, I have over 25 years of practice experience. I have always worked hard to build long-term relationships based on trust, so that my clients know immediately where to go when a problem arises. I take a straightforward approach, always telling you what you need to hear, even if it’s not what you want to hear. I will take the time to listen carefully to your concerns so that I can help you take steps that are in your best interests. As a sole practitioner, I intend to personally handle all matters related to your case.
Portland Wills and Trusts Attorney
I will start the estate planning process by learning as much as I can about your financial situation, as well as your estate planning goals. I will carefully explain the different strategies available to help you accomplish your objectives, including the use of wills and trusts, the re-titling of assets to avoid probate, and lifetime gifts.
Once you have determined the best strategy for your situation, I will draft and execute the documents necessary to put your estate plan in place, including
- wills. A will specifies who will receive what property from your estate. It can also identify a guardian for your minor children.
- trusts. A trust helps you avoid the time and expense of probate by transferring title to your property to a new legal entity, which you control during your lifetime. I prepare a wide range of trusts, including living or testamentary trusts, revocable or irrevocable trusts, and special needs trusts.
- powers of attorney. A power of attorney grants someone the legal right and authority to act on your behalf.
- advance health care directives. An advance health care directive identifies who will make medical decisions for you if you cannot.
- Planning for Pets. Planning can include your furred, feathered and/or finned companions, too.
Oregon Probate Lawyer
I work with executors, administrators and personal representatives, helping you complete the steps required by the probate court so that you can close the estate of a loved one. I will assist you with the preparation and filing of an inventory of the assets of the estate, obtain property valuations (if necessary), pay all final debts and taxes of the deceased, and help you oversee the orderly distribution of the assets of the estate in accordance with the terms of the will.
Contact Sandra G. Stone, Attorney at Law
To set up a confidential consultation, contact my office or call me at 503-257-7457. My office is open weekdays from 9 am until 5 pm, evening and weekends appointments are available for emergencies. The initial consultation for estate planning clients is only $95.